Who are the rapporteurs? *
Report on torture*
1980-1985: Advisor to the Secretary-General UNCTAD
1995-2010: Secretary General of the World Organisation
1986: French prize for human rights
* The torture report will be made with the support of Prof. Dr. Johan Vande Lanotte (University of Ghent).
Report on impunity*
- 2010 – present : Professor of Human Rights at the University of Ghent
- Co-founder of the Centre for Human Rights of Ghent University
- 2007 – today: Editor in Chief of the Inter-American and European Human Rights Journal
- 2019- present: Visiting Fellow at Hertie School of Governance, Germany
- 2014- 2016: Research/Teaching Assistant at Turgut Özal University Law School, Ankara, Turkey
- 2018- 2019: Research Fellow at Uppsala University Law School, Sweden
* The report Impunity will be co-authored by Prof. Dr. Yves Haeck and Drs. Emre Turkut.
Report on legal aid*
* The legal aid report will be made by a group of lawyers who want to keep their anonymity for security reasons. The organizing committee will ask a reputable and independent person to function as a auditor and visit these lawyers and discuss in depth with them, and then if all the conditions are fulfilled, this judge will certify the report.
Report about medical assistance for people whose freedom is stolen
The rapporteur is to be appointed and announced soon.
Report on enforced disappearances*
*This report will be written by Johan Heymans. He will use, amongst others, the published report of the human rights center of Ankara Bar.
Report on freedom of expression and freedom of the press
- 1995-2005: Chairman of the General Association of Professional Journalists of Belgium and then Chairman of the Association des journalistes professionnels.
- 2004-2013: Vice-President of the European Federation of Journalists
- 2016-2019: President of the International Federation of Journalists