WEBINAR 5 “Access to Justice in Turkey”
📅 Wednesday, March 10
⏲️ 2pm (Brussels) 4pm (Ankara) 1pm (London) 8am (New York)
1. Prof. Em. Dr. Johan Vande Lanotte (moderator)
2. Luca Perilli (Author of Turkey Tribunal’s “Access to Justice in Turkey Today” report)
3. Mr. Diego García-Sayán (Special Rapporteur on the independence of judges and lawyers, United Nations Human Rights, Office of the High Commissioner)
4. Former Judge Yavuz Aydin (witness)
5. Filipe Marques, m.p. (President of MEDEL – Magistrats Européens pour la Démocratie et les Libertés)
6. Mr. José Manuel Igreja Matos (President of the European Association of Judges)
REGISTER (ZOOM with Turkish & English interpretation)
* Youtube (Turkish) Facebook and Twitter (English) live-streaming will be available.
Access to Justice in Turkey Today
The Turkey Tribunal in collaboration with the International Observatory of Human Rights will be hosting its fourth webinar to discuss the Tribunal’s latest report on Access to Justice in Turkey Today.
Our speakers that include international judges and legal experts will be discussing the findings of the report that answer 2 fundamental questions:
Can we evaluate the judiciary system of Turkey as corresponding to internationally protected standards of independence and impartiality?
Can we evaluate the judicial system of Turkey as ensuring full access to justice and effective judicial protection in case of human rights violations?
Join us for our final webinars discussing Turkey’s human rights challenges.